Pink Diamonds Sustainable Ethical Mining
The Argyle mine is characterised by a high level of efficiency, safety, and productivity. This is coupled with a commitment to quality management, maintaining a skilled workforce, and using state-of-the-art technology.
Argyle is committed to a number of key priorities that are essential to the success of its mining operations. These include the safety of all employees, the preservation of the environment, and the development of strong and enduring relationships with local communities.
To that end, Argyle is a significant contributor to the East Kimberley region in employment, infrastructure, tourism, and flow-on business.
Argyle’s environmental management programme includes a range of projects to prevent, minimise, mitigate, and remediate environmental impacts. The programme encompasses functions such as:
- Conservation of natural resources to promote efficient use of water and energy
- Protection of rare endangered or priority plant species
- Management of exotic species
- Promoting environmental awareness throughout the workforce
- Protection of Indigenous heritage sites
- Environmental performance monitoring and measurement